View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertech View Post
i AM SO CONFUSED WHAT IS A TBV?
WHAT i WANT TO INSTALL IS THE SAUCER THING WITH VACUUM ON ONE SIDE AND THE 2 OUTLETS ON THE OTHER SIDE.
sorry for the caps forgot them on .
what does a TBV look like ? and will it reduce the poping/crackeling ?
Thnaks
PS: for mark:my modern BOV blows to the I/C.I want to unse a BOV insted of the old AAV to send some air under the TB at decel to mininze the cracking Thanks
LOL! This can be confusing, using the "written word" to try to describe things. Interpretting AAV, AAR, TBV, IC, BOV...$hit, all these abbreviated "things" and what DO they do!

Ok, so you want to use the saucer-shaped (decel valve) thing to add some air post-TB. That's cool, and is exactly how I'm using mine. Why not use yours, then, vs. using a BOV instead. A BOV will let a lot more air into the intake than you probably want. Maybe that's why you're looking for an adjustable BOV to limit the amount of air being injected (but the term "adjustable BOV" usually refers to adjusting the opening point via spring tension). That BOV that I pointed you to has almost 1" openings and will move a lot of air. Unless your saucer-thing is toast, I would consider using it instead, or a throttle body valve as Brian pointed out.

Brian, good point on the oil mist. Just another reason why venting to atmosphere may not be the best thing.

One more comment: For BOV vacuum source, I'm using the original stock location that actuated the old boost recirc piston valve (big half inch? pipe on the intake manifold, necked down with a nipple). Lots of vacuum there and would most likely support more than one line if needed.

Not sure if this is helping. Hope it is.....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)