View Single Post

Garage
A fun thing about this board is realizing all the common experiences we all have had. Just being on Pelican implies that one does their own work, or at least some of it... and with the turbos in particular we're all self-selected to continue to pursue more power.
So Rocket's flirtation with throwing in the towel- we've ALL been there. Some have even done it for a while, and then come crawling back. And Jacob's post about an "ugly noise" on start up (good luck, man) can seem almost cosmically unfair. Co-workers / friends don't have any idea of the mental toll it can take. But we regroup, search the boards, take the thing apart again, and end up fixing it. Because there isn't another option and as a group, we couldn't quit if we wanted to!
I drove my car all day today and it's been in one of the "why we own these cars" modes. Brian's headers/exhaust, new shifting bushings, valves and tune just right. Washed it and vacuumed it, even. It was just a fantastic day.
I'm sure she'll turn around and bite me right above the ankle any day now. But today was not that day.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)