View Single Post
Tinkering Pays!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Took my car for a spin today. I'm always a little nervous after I get out of the hood and head for the back roads, cuz I have to cross over a long azz narrow bridge.

Anyway, I finally get on on it and I'm like, D@MN!! This car has power! Drive awhile, crossing to big bridges and make it to where they are holding an SCCA autocross today. Guy in a 32 Ford rat rod parks next to me and after talking awhile he asks about my engine. We take a look and I immediately notice an o-ring sqeezing out between the intercooler and the pipe to the turbo. WTF? Oh yeah, too much boost cuz numb nuts here forgot to reinstall the boost line to the wastegate! No wonder it felt awesome! Got my handy factory tool kit out and fixed it. Still felt good with just one bar.

Great Day for driving and I had fun.
I guess that means you don't have the overboost switch hooked up...
Old 04-10-2010, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)