View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Mark, It doesn't sound like it's running, but for a second or two. I'd jump the yellow relay with a wire between # 30 and 87 IIRC. If it runs good, then clean all the contacts for the relay and spread the male portion of the relay legs to have them seat better.

Other than that, your looking at the CDI, delayed cut off relay, etc.
Yo Spoke! She running, or not?
"The car started running real good and the fuel pump runs now for a second when the ignition is turned on".

My yellow relay functions such that when I first turn the key on, the pumps run for just a nano-second...just to remind me that they're there I guess and maybe to prime things just a bit before twisting the starter. That's with a new relay...my old one didn't do that short pre-run. Is this what you're referring to, or is she dying after a second of running?

Brian's advice is right on, but IIRC for my car anyway I needed to short between terminals 87 and 87A (I even made a short piece of highly customized wire as a jumper, which resides in the glove box just in case). Do that and the pumps will start running as soon as you turn on the key, as opposed to waiting for the metering plate to be deflected with the engine cranking.

Please say she's running so we can all sleep at night.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)