View Single Post

Garage
cam timing for the stock 3.3 cams

I have my engine out while I swap the clutch and rebuild the LSD. I'm adjusting the valves and fixing a broken stud on the wastegate mount while it is out. Also removing the air injection and saving it/preseving it in case it is needed in the future.

I have a question on the cam timing. Since the engine is out, is it worthwhile to adjust the stock cam timing forward or backward to alter performance? Would it make any difference with the stock cams? Any advice as to whether it would be best to adjust it to increase lower end vs top end (I have a K27S from RarlyL8 in the configuration)?

If I had a goal, it would be for good voerall daily driveability, but wanting to take advantage of the boost curve and maximize that to the extent possible. But, overall I drive this on the street and just want it to be enjoyable, torquey, and fun.

1988 930 coupe - Silver Metallic
3.3L w/GT35R, B&B Headers, RarlyL8 muffler, TurboKraft IC, Tial WG, tecGT based phased sequential EFI & ignition, Wevo shifter/coupler, ...
Old 04-11-2010, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)