Thanks for the replies.

The test readings are:

#1-158 psi/9%
#2-156 psi/10%
#3-152 psi/12%
#4-160 psi/7%
#5-156 psi/10%
#6-154 psi/11%

The PPI was done by a previous potential buyer who backed out and I haven't had a chance to talk to the wrench that did it yet so I'm not sure if it was done hot or cold or where the hiss was coming from. The car is at a dealer two hours from me on consignment and a bunch of stuff is not starting to add up but I may still invest the time to go over the car myself. If the car was cheaper, I'd probably jump on it but the seller wants $35k FIRM (his bolding, not mine) and based on what I can tell of the market right now, that's a bit rich for a car that might have a tired motor. The dealer also assured me it was a "local car" forever but CarFax shows history that refutes that and there is also some questionable stuff happening on the PPI with the front bodywork that might suggest a bloody nose that wasn't fixed right.

Again, thanks for the help and I'll report findings if I can break off some time to go see the car up close.

-JWL
Old 04-11-2010, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)