View Single Post

These are vintage cars and at least to me running them as intend is part of the fun (CIS and non ABS). Equalized front corner balance, a good limited slip, and good driver technique can give a more modern race car with ABS fits.

A proper Race ABS would be cool and if done right might should result in faster lap times.

It would probably take some 7-10 years of heavy competitive track use with someone that likes to lock em up to rationalize this purely on a dollar savings basis. 30 tires is a lot of flat spots and it would probably cost more than $15k do to it right.

If one wanted to do it on the cheap, maybe look to a wrecked C2 Turbo as a donner.

One would probably need to graft the full front suspension to get to a zero scrub geometry that will work with ABS on a wide body. Might be able to do it this way for under $5k depending on how many wheel sets have to have there back space corrected. .

I do not know how a production ABS would compare to a proper race ABS system. It may or may not effect lap times in a positive way. I think some of racers that run production cars with ABS find they are faster with the ABS disabled.

If not going for proper front geometry, I think Smart Racing has or is working on a power steering conversion that might help reduce the 'steering effect' that will probably result with ABS on a stock 930 front end.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)