View Single Post

Better alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
I picked up a used Hargett shifter and I'm having trouble getting it adjusted properly. I have it adjusted great for every gear except reverse. When I shift to reverse the ball wants to come out of the socket if I'm not very careful. If I adjust for it not to happen then I have third gear wanting to come out. I can't seem to get it set where both third gear and reverse both are firmly in the socket. Any ideas?
I hear that you have the same problem as I had with this shifter. I would say it's function is not quite what you expect from an equipment that you are going to use in a high powered Porsche car.

I sent my shifter to a mechanic company who just laughed at what they saw, regarding to the price. They made bushings that they put in and wow what a different feeling. I also changed the reverse gear spring to a softer one, the feeling is perfect, when I'm shifting to revers. Still a small loose feeling of the 3d gear. But it's ok, not perfect but ok.

By the way mine was supposed to be the new one. So I don't now what was improved it was still a piece of crap.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)