View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNELE View Post
Rocket, it has been five years since my car really ran right. All the so called experts at building these engines have gotten me nothing but a hole in my bank account. When the car is right though, it is so right.
first AND SECOND!! EFI build by John Truman $40K plus 2 set of Mahle from EBS too much timing
third EFI build by Dave Brown$30K plus new Mahle and JE pistons bad harness (I paid Truman for a harness, then SpeedWerks, and finally Motec got it right so I spent 12k for a 3K harness, of course everyone can do it why do you need to have Motec do it?)
fourth rebuild By SpeedWerks ???? Andy at SpeedWerks is trying to make this right, stay tuned. At least is has never left me stranded, it does not usually start to get out of my garage. The times it has run it has been awesome, Drake from Motec did a great job on the tuning (oh I forgot about the cost of tuning and dyno time four times).
Getting a car that will one day be right... Priceless... no really, literally Priceless
There is a Master Card commercial for ya.
So far well over 100K not including the car. Ok so some of the expense was the suspension and the custom G50/50, seats etc., etc. but really I have been footing the bill to have the car done and redone and there is no more left to do it again so after this if it isn't right, the wife is going to have her way... she'll have to go. The car that is.
Lincoln,
Really sorry to hear about all the problems with tuners. No one, I mean NO ONE, deserves this kind of grief.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)