Thread: Clutch Problem
View Single Post
Boost Abuser

Yep mine does the same thing but the pedel doesn't stick down. It feels as if it going to stick but will pop up right at the engagement point ( better be on the gas or risk a idiot moment at a light ). Sometimes it is perfect and others it feels as if you are trying to push your foot through concrete. We rebuilt the cluster with the bronze bushings and replaced the cable with results no better than before. It started after replacing the clutch and pressure plate. The first clutch replacement wouldn't even dis engage enough to get the car in gear so out comes the motor again and replaced with a new unit. Now I can drive the car but at the expense of tricky clutch action. It is a Kennedy light weight pressure plate and clutch, new throw out bearing with the extended sleeve .Since all the headache's when I finally break down and drop the motor again I will replace it with a Patrick motorsport's unit. I just try to stay out of the city with it now to keep from too many stop and start's.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)