View Single Post
Non User

Garage
I'll bring a little logic into this. As much as we all want to see this car go for 35K, I guarantee that any of the users that posted "it's worth 35", would not pay even close to 35K for your car, they would grind and negotiate, using all your info against you to get a great car for a low price. Nobody pays more just because they feel bad for you.

When I bought my car it was purely a pleasure car, I drove 500 miles to look at the car first hand - prepared to pay full boat, but since I did not have to buy, I was prepared to drive 500 miles home without it, and I almost did, it was the tiny phrase "how much would you pay..." that sent me home with my baby.

Here was my logic:

1.) Does not start, in my mind at point of sale, "ignition or fuel problems" deduct 1-2K.
2.) Red interior - a little wild for me, recover seats, deduct 2-3K
3.) Engine leakdown suspect - engine rebuild, deduct 6-10K
etc.

By this time you are at 9-15K less than asking, I don't mean to sound harsh, but i think this is the logic most use when buying a "fun car". There are lots of 30-35K cars out there without these issues (or so they say...).

That being said, I hope you KEEP the car, and continue to let others drool over it!

Good luck!
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 04-12-2010, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)