View Single Post

Garage
Car finally passed emissions

Well, after failing twice I bit the bullet and had a friend weld me up an exhaust to pass. He used a T4 3" turbo flange to a 3" pipe to a magnaflow 3" in/out spun cat out to a passenger side tailpipe. I drove around for a while and tried to heat up the cat and burn off any oils/paint on the exhaust. Got to the testing station and they threw her on the dyno for the 25MPH rolling test. She passed with flying colors.

I really like the way the simple 3" tail pipe looks, and the sound isn't much louder than my B&B dual out 3" oval tailpipes. The cat is flanged and my friend said he can make up a muffler tailpipe to replace the cat tailpipe pretty easy if I'd like. I may look for a short 3" in/out muffler an do that in addition to having him build a matching 3" tailpipe off the wastegate for the drivers side. It may be time to send the B&B down the line and use my new "modular" emissions passing system permanently. I'll post some picks when I get home.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)