View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
On the other hand ... why are some guys so quick to the devalue 930? We should be striving to increase their value instead of trying to find every tiny reason to convince the market that our cars are worth less than they truly are.

We are our own worst enemy.
Well stated.

My car is worth more than I can sell it for in today's market, and it's in every bit as fine a condition as the particular one we're talking about here (well, except it has about 60% more miles and no leakdown test to devalue it in our minds - maybe that's a good thing, too much information is too much sometimes).

All of these cars will need to be rebuilt at some point...some earlier....some later. So what, that's a fact. Buy it for what it's currently worth vs. worrying about what it might (and will) cost later to rebuild. I really don't give a rip...mines not for sale, people can drool over it all they want and say what a nice example it is, but it's mine and will stay mine until I'm destitute or until the market turns around drastically.

We would all like to think we're sitting on gold mines and that we can reap a great return on our investment. But I'm a realist (ask my wife...she hates putting up with that part of me for almost 30 years)....once a car passes the 100K mark it's the kiss of death no matter how nice she looks or how well maintained. Even with all the mods I doubt I could sell mine for within 3 to 4K what I bought it for. Does that mean I paid too much? Who cares, it's just a damn car and you can't take it with you. Enjoy, it's been a great ride so far!

If you want a sound investment, put your money into the health care industry. They're poised to make a bundle real soon!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)