View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well some of you guys seem confused.. on one hand you say stock with all the quirks are what the car is all about. But then talk all about your spec.'s, things like coil overs, full bay intercoolers, k27's , mono balls, blahh blahh blahh.......and this stuff is all stock??

Hummmm... so what's good for the goose, is not good for the gander I guess. I just have to wonder how many of the negative input folks actually drive their 930's every day, day in, day out, in all kinds of weather? Would their opinion change then?

I personally modify the crap out of every car I own (the 930 is my 41st car I've owned).

Anyway, to answer some of the others with helpfull inputs,
All my suspension has been updated for aggressive street use, including alignment, corner balancing, lowered, poly graphite bushings, strut tower brace, bump steer kit, wevo rear sway mounts, 23/30mm torsion bars, 22mm frt & rears sways, etc. Wheels are Fikse's 17 x 8.5 frt. 18 x 11 rears running 245 /295.

I've tried various brake pads over the 3 years, that I've daily driven the car (40k miles in 3 years to be exact).

L.A. dismantlers has quoted me approx 1k for all the needed main doner parts.

I am a machinist with my own machines, and can make any & all parts, pieces, brackets, etc. needed for all mounting & fitting of the components.

I feel this is viable, doable, cost effective, and not all that difficult.

Ok, I'm done venting...

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 04-15-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)