Thread: Boost leak?
View Single Post

Werk1, I was thinking along those lines also, that's a lot of boost to bleed through the distributor pot. It is something I need to fix regardless. I have looked into some of the common things like O-rings and recently replaced all of the hoses hoping to solve the problem. There was only one o-ring I couldn't get to, the one at the aluminum adapter for the K27, I have to do some more work to get to it. Probably should just weld the adapter to the turbo.

It's odd, the boost will come up and hold steady at 0.7+ like with a stock spring, but it used to go to 1 bar like it should. It's been like this for a while and the car is still quick at .7, but it's not right. I'll go back through the usual suspects.

RarelyL8, I don't hear a clank, is that with the stock style BOV? I have the 965 style BOV but not sure how to check it. I have a 934 boost gauge and the tattle tale spikes up to 1.2-1.3 bar when shifting under hard acceleration and full boost. I assume the BOV is doing its job but not sure.

Thanks, for the help.
Paul
Old 04-15-2010, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)