View Single Post
Banned

Ok, this is going to sound crazy, but . . .

When driving my 930 for the first time following reinstalling the engine, I experienced the exact same thing you describe (violent shaking when engaging the clutch) no amount of clutch adjustmen/fiddeling did anything to improve it . . . the owner of the shop that was helping me said he had experience with this problem and to replace the clutch cable with an authentic, Porsche 930 part (not an aftermarket bit) - I did, and this instantly cured the problem . . . strange thing about this was that the car DID NOT do this prior to droping the engine . . .

It is hard to describe, or understand, how the cable can cause this problem, but it has to do with the arch of the cable, and cable housing, in the area of the throttle bell crank . . . if the arch is not perfect, a mechanical resonance can occur when the clutch is engaged and trigger the violent shaking.

I was skeptical that simply replacing the clutch cable would solve the problem, but it did!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)