View Single Post

Help me regain faith

I bought a 79 930 almost three years ago. It was my dream car and I finally got it! it was lowered on 17" technology replica's, factory C2 full body kit, etc. Then I found 3 broken head studs! I only drove it three times before that. I decided to send it out for a rebuild that was supposed to take three months, it took two years and four months just for and engine rebuild! Now it came back with a non working speedometer, and no horn. The paint even got worse after sitting in a dusty shop for 2.5 yrs. (this is a well known porsche shop too, thats what kills me) The speedo, I was fine with it was acting little funny before I sent it away.

Flash forward I get it back last week and have had the time of my life driving it. Now it seems to need a window regulator and after all the time it's been gone, I'm beginning to absolutely hate this car. Even though it's not my daily driver I'm afraid I lost the porsche love. What I'm saying is I know my car is old, but does anyone else's 911/930 nickel and dime them with stupid crap? I feel like I'm 16 and driving one of my Karmann Ghias or beetles. just a constant running project. If so I want my AMG back.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)