View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

Ryan, I can TOTALLY understand where you are coming from. I had spun two rod bearings about 9 years ago, and I am just now getting ready to get the engine running. Most of the time was spent saving up the money for the parts... ( Well over what the car is worth), but now I am almost there. DonE on this board will also understand where you are coming from. For me, working on the car is also part of the fun. Dont get me wrong, I would love to have the thing running (maybe in a few months), but I have other things going on that take up my time. Sounds to me like you are pissed off because the car took so long to get done (for whatever reason) and now, everytime another part breaks, you are getting fusterated. I dont blame you, but these ARE old cars. If you had a 996 turbo, etc...then you probably would not be having all these problems... BUT, you would have a civialized car. That is exactly why I like the older cars.... They are raw, fun cars. Now, the newer cars are nice as well...just not me. I like the older cars... no power steering, etc

I would say don't sweat the small stuff.. fix what needs to be fixed. Try working on it yourself. Keep the love!!!!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)