View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

SO, if I read this right, you are looking for an EFI system?

Some of them that are out there:

MoTec
FAST (Fuel Air Spark Technology)
Electromotive
Link EFi
DTA
Megasquirt

and I know there are a host of others that I am forgetting in this late hour.

All of the systems above will do what you want, and others do much, much more. BUT, you need to remember one thing when you look for an EFI system.... support!! If you have never worked with say for instance, a MoTec system, and you go out and buy one, who is going to tune the car? You can learn, but it will take time and paid dyno time. I picked to talk about MoTec as they are usually the most expensive, and they are a very good product. But, if you dont have someone close by who can help you set it up, or offer support when you are confused, or have a problem, then it is not worth much to you.

I went with Link EFi for my system. For one, they have most if not all of the features of a MoTec system at less than half the price, and I have someone who has some good experience with the system. Plus, the company is located in New Zealand, so they are open late at night, when I might need them...... They have a toll free number so I can call for free.

I hope this is the feedback you were looking for. I have known of a few friends of mine that went the MS route on their VW golf turbos, and they liked it. But, there are tons of maps out there for those cars, so it almost takes all of the work out of setup. Not so with these 911 turbo engines.

I have heard some bad press about the Electromotive stuff, such as bad sensors, etc. I had the older style Electromotive on my car before going full EFI ( just the crankfire portion HPV-1) and I had no problems....

I hope this helps!!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 04-19-2010, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)