View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Oil Filter Relocation/Addition Question

Having experienced a clogged oil spray bar blockage in the past, I am getting increasingly nervous about the filtration system in these engines. While some have added an additional oil filter off the turbo sump pump to the tank, I would think that filtering would be best if done both on the oil return and oil intake to the engines like the 964 turbo and 993 engines.
DonE and Rob 930, for example, have done the modification at the engine oil cooler area, has anyone done a different approach such as using an oil filter relocation kit approach? This approach simply adds an additional filter in line with suction side of the oil line going to the engine. An illustration of such a kit is illustrated below. Don and Rob, thanks for sharing photos of your projects.

DonE's oil console:

Rob 930's oil console mod:

Illustration of oil filter relocation kit:

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 04-21-2010 at 07:22 AM..
Old 04-21-2010, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)