View Single Post

The MSD has several advantages.

Yes you can program your timing curve by boost & rpm.

CIS sprays fuel at low pressure off idle and the fuel just sits waiting for the intake for the valve to open. At low rpm the air and fuel dose not seem to mix well. Thus, the combustion chamber is full of rich and lean conditions and you never know which is at the tip of the spark plug. The MSD has multiple hot sparks for up to 2500rpm. Thus, this side of twin plugs it is the best way to ensure crisp and effective ignition.

I also believe it makes a hotter spark than stock or I believe I had heard over Electomotove unless they have upgraded there coils.

At boost ones effective compression ratio is pretty high. With the hotter spark one can run a larger gap at the spark plug so more Air/Fuel mix will be exposed to the spark for a bit more crisp ignition. Some have reported a HP gain with the larger gaps on a turbo. Look up the MSD users manual. They make spark plug gap recommendations by compression ratio.

Thus, MSD is almost a perfect fit for several reasons on a CIS turbo.

Just my opinion and what I believe so far.

Last edited by 911st; 04-23-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Old 04-23-2010, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)