Thread: Innovate LM2?
View Single Post

Garage
Very interesting thread guys. It looks like you done a great job solving the problems of getting the Innovate installed and working with RPM and MAP/BOOST.

I went through the same research on what AFR instrument to get for my 1973 911 MFI 2.7 motor. Truthfully I was a bit confused about how this all worked by studying the Innovate site for a few days. I also read a few threads here on Pelican and posted a couple of queries.

I was looking for accuracy, wideband, data logging and the ability to chart and study the data numbers in a spreadsheet or other program.

I had trouble figuring out what I would need from Innovate, but it looked like a RPM or tach adapter plus data logging and a way to get the data out.

I went another route in the end. I had been aware of the Daytona Sensors Wego IV unit that has a tach input, AFR wideband Bosch LM 4.2 sensor, 2 hours of data logging, an additional input for MAP or TPS or something else. An old friend of mine is a principal in the company and I ran into him at a trade show in February and looked at the Wego IV again. I downloaded the installation instructions and software from their website, and decided to try a unit.

I am very happy with the Wego IV. Very easy installation. Hook the tach to the purple wire on the back of the Porsche tach, and you are mapping AFR and RPM. I also added a MAP sensor. I have been able to really get on top of the tuning on my MFI for the first time in 10 years.

I was impressed with the ease of installation, accuracy, data download and charting. The price is around $440.00 retail. I think a good deal for something that does this job so well.

I was so impressed that I talked to Scott and Wayne at Pelican and they are now carrying the Daytona Sensors Wego IV. There is also a dual unit that can be drive by 2 sensors one for each bank.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am so impressed with this unit that I know have a business interest in it......but this does not make it any less of a great choice. Judge for yourself, it is a good unit and great value for the money with terrific ease of use.

I plan to do a thread on installing and using the unit. I feel AFR is a must for MFI and carbs on the 911s and this is a good way to do it. And a great choice for any Pelicans who are on a quest for a good AFR instrument.

Here is a photo:

RGruppe #79 '73 Carrera RS spec 2.7 MFI
00 Saab 95 Aero wagon stick
01 Saab 95 Aero wagon auto
03 Boxster
90 Chevy PU Prerunner....1990
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)