Thread: Innovate LM2?
View Single Post

Brian,

Good Plan !!! Go to the Innovate web site and get on the Forums, works just like this one, sign up and go searching. I have a ton of application stuff I downloaded and it was really helpful. Start by doing a search on grounding.

If you go with a separate mounting chassis and ground source, like I did, make sure you use all insulated terminal strips so you don't create a big ground loop. If you mount a metal chassis to the floor and then do your wiring on top of it
that makes all your component wiring grounds automatically tied through the chassis ground because your mounting plate is screwed to the floor, hence use insulated terminal blocks.

When you run your new ground wire from the neg. terminal of the batt. to the mounting plate make sure your ground terminal block is insulated from the plate and then from there to the engine compartment. In the engine compartment mount a separate insulated grounding terminal block to hook your new ground
wire to. Then all your sensor grounds back there should ground to that insulated grounding terminal block.

Any sensors mounted to the engine are critical. They should have their own ground wire on them and that goes to your new insulated grounding terminal block. If you mount a sensor to the engine make sure you check continuity between the sensors own ground wire and the engine block if you have continuity between them then you need to insulate the sensor from the engine block and then run the sensors ground wire back to the new insulated grounding terminal block. Remember the engine block is grounded to the chassis through the heavy grounding strap on the transmisson mount. If a sensor is grounded to the engine and then you run the sensors ground wire back to the insulated grounding terminal block you have just contaminated the integrity of your new seperate grounding system.

When you use the LM-1 do not use a cigarette lighter plug in. Cut the cigarette lighter plug off and hard wire it into the mounting plate power source and ground wire. Then when you need to run the LM-1 it is powered and grounded to the same source and ground as the sensors and inputs of the LM-1.

If any of your sensors require a seperate 5 VDC power supply to condition the input for the LM-1, MAP are usually 5 VDC, let me know. I
have a schematic and parts list for Radio Shack and you can make
your own easily for about $6.00. There are caps. on the input and output so you get a nice clean signal.

Hope this helps !!!!!! Us old farts have too stick together !!!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 06-11-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)