Thread: Innovate LM2?
View Single Post
beancounter

I have had the innovate LC-1 for wideband afr for a couple years. I recently installed the DL-32 for rpm, map, cylinder head temp and data logging as a "while I am in there" item during my engine rebuild.

I have had no issues getting the system to work. The LC-1 is mounted in the engine compartment and grounded at the factory ground point behind all the stuff on the drivers side. I used one of the analog outs to drive a permanent afr gauge (which is grounded at a factory ground point under the dash).

I drilled a hole in the seat rail and put a nut and bolt through it which is the ground point for the DL-32 and the electromotive ignition brain. I took the tach signal from the electromotive unit and split it...one side feeds the rpm input on the DL-32 and the other goes back into the engine compartment and plugs into the factory wire harness tachometer wire. I used the thermocouple wire supplied in the DL-32 kit and added a ring terminal to the end so I could use it on a spark plug...measuring CLT on #6 cylinder.

All my signals are clean and the set up seems to work flawlessly, no double E degree required.

As a final step, in true automotive geek fashion, I bought a touch screen slate PC which I can use to run logworks for realtime monitoring.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)