View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
Your leaky headers are killing you more than anything. Look up the latesg post on the thread in this forum "Latest Project - RarlyL8 Headers". A basically stock 930 w/ HFS turbo made 400HP on the dyno using Bryan's headers and the boost threshhold came down 1500 RPM. That should cover all of your bases.
Went back an looked and that is not what I could see he said that nor were there dyno plots from before and after provided. 1500rpm was not mentioned.

C2 cams, big turbo, 'mabye stock ports', and undisclosed actual boost level. Nothing else is really known.

Comparsion was against shorties with 'unknow aftermarket muffler' and the equal length headers & Zork.

I once replaced my early B&B style muffler with a Borla straight through and picked up 30whp on the dyno.

Still, anything that effects the pressure on eather side of the turbo's turbine should have an expence. With a small hole is will probably be in boost threshold unless it is so large the WG dose not open. If the WG opens it probably is not hurting HP. Just a guess.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)