View Single Post

Mine still hauls from the day I did it....

No regrets but things I need to sort out:
1. A catch can for the oil tank breather as the car smells bad when it's just vented to the atmo, really bad...
2. Headers with heat, I miss heat bad! I have a protomotive heater but the oil line backdate stops that from fitting onto the engine mounted cooler.

Notes:
•You will need to upgrade your torsion bars or you'll get extreme squat, I have coil overs now from rebel racing, fixed my issue.
•My clutch slips pretty badly too, will go to a 930 disc soon.
•The factory elbow from your AFM to the intake will likely blow off, I've seen this on many conversions, Jerry's excluded, I replaced mine with a silicon elbow and tapped the AFM for idle and brake booster vacuums. (I can send you the crappy camera phone pic I took of mine to show another member).

You will not regret it and if you do you can change it back pretty quickly. It really is no more complicated than a typical, exhaust, intake and chip upgrade on any car. I don't think I could drive the car again if I had to go back to 217hp!
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)