View Single Post

Juan is right, there is a fair amount of info on this and it depends on your goals.

However, I still love to bench build so I will share my two cents worth of what I would do which is different from most.

Most build a 'blow thru', I would follow what Porsche did with the 944 Turbo and do a 'suck through'.

On the exhaust side, get a J pipe off a euro or late 930, a K27-7200 turbo, and any 930 muffler of your choice. Would buy a new Wast Gate with a .7 bar spring. Maybe a stock 930 WG at .8 bar. This makes for a stock bolt on install with your Carrera heat exchangers.

Order a set of J&E pistons at 7/1 to 8/1 compression. Install new pistons w rings, have the heads worked (or at least the exhaust guides done), and upgrade the rod bolts when in there.

I would source a 91/2 C2 turbo intercooler & turbo to IC tube and have the Carrera mafold modified to fit it (cut and weld to turn the throtle body orintation).

I would leave the AFM and stock air filter in its place and plumb it to the intake of the turbo (suck through). Might go through the drivers side of the motor compartment with the plumbing. Might use an aftermarket Bosch replacement BOV from the stock intercooler to the tubing section between the AFM and turbo in side.

I would fit a Synpase rasing rate fuel pressure regulator. Might try tuning it with the RRFPR, adjusting the spring rate on the AFM, and use the fuel quality switch on the Motronics control box for fuel and to retard timing some.

If needed I would approach 911Chips.com or Protomotove for help with a custom chip.

Should pull about 400chp. It should look stock with a Porsche intercooler / stock Carrera intake box, it would be very responsive with the K27 7200turbo, should stay within the strength of the stock transmission.

A stonger clutch with a double spring disk (like the 944TurboS) tuned to the expected TQ level might be a good idea.

I would drain the turbo into the chain housing or case drain plug.

There are other little details but this is much of it.

Last edited by 911st; 05-04-2010 at 12:28 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)