View Single Post

Listen to Spense, he knows what he is doing.

Ya, proven makes much more sense.

Just what I would probably do if I did one today.

I live in Calif and I just would want a more stock look. Also the HP limits of the
K27-7200 are more in line with a 915 transmission and it is proven for a suck through install. Also, a suck through would not have issue with blowing apart the AFM or the elbo.

As to the clutch suggestion, this is what was to try to protect the 915transmission. Porsche did this with the 944turbo S to try to protect the transmission. We just do not want the torque to blow through the disk springs and act like an impact hammer. It is just a thought.

Yes, a path less traveled by most here but more how Porsche did it using the 944Turbo as a model. It is also more like how RUF did the C2 and 993 Turbo conversions except they used a MAF sensor that can not be used as a blow through. This alows for conversion to a MAF at a latter date.

Again, just what I would do.

Having said that, I love the Promotive approach and one is not reinventing the wheel doing so.

Last edited by 911st; 05-04-2010 at 08:22 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)