View Single Post
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Porsche Crest $60K can get you about 600-700 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswamy View Post
I am brand new to the hobby, I just got an 84 911 Carrera, 3.2. Good condition 70k original miles. My first project is to put a turbo in it. Don't know where to start. Any input will be appreciated.
Wow, this is like swimming in shark infested waters after chumming! Danger, Danger!

Congratz on the new Porsche 911 and your first post to Pelican's open forum!

Not sure what you consider fast or maybe you also own a McLaren F1? -Or how much boost do you need your 70K mile engine to hold? What kind of street level comfort does this need to have? Emissions? Machinist / fabricator yourself?

Details and answers to these kind of questions will be a more direct method of starting in good direction.

Next, call a few reputable companies that produce real motorsport quality products, engine development specialize in Porsche Turbos. Who are the pros and how are they doing it?

If you are prepared to pull and build a real capable turbo engine, you may discover it will cost you more that the car is worth to do it right. I believe EFI is the only option worthy of the parts.

I guess at this point, I'd start with a turbo engine to retrofit. Then if you need more than 400, throw money at it! Love that turbo enthusiasm!

PS: TurboKraft in AZ does similar conversions and is worth a good look.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)