View Single Post
Scottsdale Arizona USA

Garage
Porsche Crest 77 SACHS, is the way to go.

First off, the clutch kit pictured is the for 225mm for a 915 trans. If this is for your 930 turbo gearbox, the bell housing is deep. Porsche had the taller, heavy weight clutch covers and rubber hub disks stock. Unfortunately, Centerforce does not have the deeper covers in a lighter weight aluminum...only steel.

I personally have allot of experience with Centerforce. I know insider things about how they are made and exactly how they compare to most others. I don't work there but have friends in high places. With my experience, I would rate almost all of the Porsche, Centerforce clutches high. In most street performance applications, they work excellent and are worth it.

They are not just orange paint. The are actually a combination of parts including the SACHS cover. Centerforce's technology simply updates a few shortcomings of the base original parts. Without getting to deep into this, on most they machine the inside of the covers to alter the fulcrum positions, replace the limiting straps, among other things. They "wear in" and sprung hub disks are relined with a segmented puck on face and full sport lining on back, hence the dual friction term. The covers are matched hight to the discs. They last longer and hold higher clamploads.

The Centerforce is the street option but the real deal for the 78-89 930 is to use the original SACHS aluminum 1977 "lower profile" pressure plate cover, sport disk and MODE's adapter kit parts. This kit will reduce rotating mass. I have these adapter parts if needed.

In my opinion, the KEP stage I is a good option for heavy TQ but the pedal effort is stiffer. 77 SACHS, is the way to go. Cheers
Old 05-05-2010, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)