View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by totle View Post
Just installed my rebuilt engine.
Had my first test run yesterday, and was very easy on the pedal.

Engine responded quickly, but I noticed that the boost gauge does not increase like it is supposed to.
Now in starts going up, and then suddenly jumps up past 1 bar (end of boost gauge)

Could it be bad grounding, that I have not connected wire correctly...etc ??

As I remember, white wire is connected to boost switch, and brown to boost sensor. (like it was before)
Trond,
First off, which boost gauge are you referring to, the factory electric or a VDO mechanical gauge? Secondly, when the gauge went past 1 BAR, did you feel like you were driving a car that was in the 1 BAR Zone?

If its the factory electric gauge, I would first off check the grounding as you mentioned in your post. When these gauges peg past the 1 BAR mark, that means the circuit is basically an open. So, I would start looking for a lose connection somewhere.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 05-05-2010, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)