View Single Post
R.I.P.

I would replace the dual factory regulators with a single aftermarket unit. $150
I'm not sure what size the factory injectors are but they can be swapped out for something larger for no more than a few hundred bucks. Or you could crank up base fuel pressure (and tune around that with the megasquirt)

With a wide band O2 sensor wired into the MS there would be no need for dyno time other than bragging rights. The datalogging capability of MS is quite up to the task of "on road" tuning. You'll have driveability and WOT tuned in an afternoon of driving with a buddy and a lap top.

My car fires right up cold or hot. I have not however spent much time "fine tuning" cold start. I hold the throttle down slightly after the car fires during cold start for a few seconds then shes ready to go. Hot start is a non-issue all together.

The default settings in MS are actually pretty good. But you will need to spend some time tuning... But trust me, once you get into it you'll get obsessed with tinkering and fine tuning and your lap top will never leave the car. I bought a little netbook that stays in the car hooked up to the MS. I use it at the track for boost adjustments and datalogging and pretty much for fun.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)