View Single Post

Garage
The bottom of the rotor looks like it has a dent where the detent tab was not lined up. There is very little advance adjustment left in the distributer. We did put a light on it quickly to make sure it looked close. At idle we were between the TDC and the 7* mark, it did advance with rev, but I didn't check real close. We pulled of the IC again and checked all the hoses, etc. Everything looks good. O2 is connected. We put new plugs in (same brand/part number). Good spark off the coil and plug wires are in good shape and in the correct order.

We did pull off the exhaust and put on the custom 3" cat/tail pipe I made for my car to pass emmisions, the cat only has 200 miles on it and the exhaust sounds like it's very free.

We'll get back on it tomorrow, put it back together, set the timing and go from there. If still a no-go, My cat is flanged to the 3" pipe from the turbo, so we can easily disconnect it and see what happens. Other than that, I'm at a loss. The engine has about 10K miles and was running great, we just want to check the valves (which only 6 needed minor adjusting).

FYI the engine is a 3.4 with a K27 7006, garretson IC, stock CIS, ported heads, etc.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)