View Single Post

Garage
Running rough after service

So, after installing my new RarlyL8 headers and muffler, a BL WUR and doing a major service including new wires, plugs, filters, rotor, cap and valve adjustment, with great anticipation we fired it up.

Sounds like a VW Beetle and makes about the same power - not what we were expecting. Injectors were cleaned and serviced as well while everything was apart, and it seems that cylinders 1 and 3 are not firing. Checked for spark and that's fine, swapped the injectors to other cylinders and the problem remained with numbers 1 and 3.

So, my tech thinks the fuel distributor is the problem. I don't mind getting it overhauled if it really is the problem, but I'd like to make sure that we haven't overlooked any other probable causes before doing this. I don't think there's anywhere local that can do it, and sending it to the US will probably mean I won't be driving it for the next 3 weeks which I would be very unhappy about having waited this long to get my new exhaust system installed.

Car was running fine except for a relatively minor warm start issue where it would run rough (like on 4 or 5 cyls) for a minute or two before clearing up.

Any suggestions? Also may need a suggestion for somewhere to send it or to buy an overhauled one if this is the problem.

Thanks in advance,
2004 BMW R1100S

Last edited by Richard930; 05-07-2010 at 10:41 AM..
Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)