View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
If you recall in my headers thread I had a similar situation. "While I was in there" I did the same refresh of plugs, cap, wires, clean the injectors etc. and had the same result of 2 dead cyliders. Turned out to be leaking injectors combined with a lean idle mixture. The leaky injectors were caused by fuel lines that do not like to be disturbed and were likely overtightened sometime in the past. Lean condition was due to the headers. There was also air in the lines. All combined the car ran horribly.
I went through this with Rich so hopefully he will post results of those checks as well. Absolutley agree that you don't want to buy a fuel head you don't need - and I won't sell you anything you don't need.

Jon - shipping is likely prohibitive but I can take a look at that. Most typically I just swap cores with the client so no down time. I do get a cracked core every now and then which cannot be rebuilt. I hate giving that news to folks ...
Old 05-08-2010, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)