View Single Post

Garage
Did the flow test and there was nothing coming from one of the openings (just disconnected the lines on top of the head), and very limited flow from a second one. We tried out a used fuel distributor from a local dismantler and it had the same issue, albeit on different openings. System and control pressures have checked out perfectly (fresh BL WUR so they should!).

I still find it very strange that it seemed mostly fine a few weeks ago when it went in, and somehow completely crapped out while the other work was going on but I guess that's better than having a problem on a trip or at the track. Hopefully this was the cause of the occasional warm start issue I was having, and may also explain the leanness I saw when on the dyno a month or so ago. If it was the cause of these two issues, I guess I should just be happy I didn't hole a piston at some point.

So, thanks to Brian I should have a rebuilt fuel distributor in a few days and be back on the road next week. Then I'll be posting about my driving impressions with the new exhaust.
2004 BMW R1100S
Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)