View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Well the original poster hasn't come back so no pertinent information to plug in anyway.
Re-gearing a 930 tranny is an expensive endeavor. I wouldn't do it myself until I was certain that the engine was never going to be fiddled with again. Every time you change the level of power or the RPM range where power is made you affect how the gearing works for you. Think diesel truck vs motorcycle.

Sorry Keith, you simply cannot have a discussion about gearing without bringing up the torque curve. That would be like trying to calculate your speed with no regard for tire height. There is a direct relationship.

I would suggest that the original poster get ahold of Bill Verburg. He has a ton of great info on the subject.
+1

Go to this link and start at post #34. Torque Effect

Bill Verburg has done a ton of research on the subject and clearly knows the difference between Torque and Horsepower. And there is a difference, race fans.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 05-15-2010, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)