View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
[snip]

And in comparison dynos we have seen significantly faster spool up than K27-7200 turbochargers on comparable 3.3L engines.
Really, the best data we get is from clients who have had K27s and hybrids and switched to Garrett GT turbochargers. Not once has someone told us they felt like the Garrett was a worse turbo than their prior K27/hybrid. And that's the best feedback we can ask for.
For someone who likes his stock motor and enjoys the occasional hot rod drive, the GT35r is a good upgrade to any Kxx turbo (hybrid too). The problem is not too many of these guys want to pay or experience the additional fab work needed to make it work - it's not a direct bolt on.

For someone looking for a true performance upgrade, the GT35r is probably one of those upgrades that qualifies for "best bang for the buck" moniker. Out of all the parts I've put on my car over the past 7 years, this turbo is one of the only things that has remained and performed as expected since I bought it for the last 5 years. It's never been rebuilt, will take lots or very little oil to work (depending on scavenge pump), spools quick, and so on. Not sure about a T4 vs T3 flange though. Bigger is not always better on these motors - it's all about velocity and turbo efficency.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)