View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

Hey Chris,
I usually buy new ones to start, mag, debur and shot peen them. It is a little more, but insurance in the end. (not that rebuilt rockers won't work) I always wondered why the factory discontinued the forged rockers. I also no longer run hydraulic tensioner's ( I know there are a lot of people who aren't fans of mechanical tensioner's) But I have never had one fail. I would have to agree with debris floating around in the cam boxes wiping everything out. I have to be careful on my wording. The rockers aren't always just going to break and it has safe margins. But rather to at least hope for just a broken rocker. The two that wiped out the boxes I have to wonder how hard they twisted them and after the frappe, how long they drove it? ( and not to discredit anyone)
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)