View Single Post

Jeff,

Just a thought, you might spend some time talking to a couple of good clutch builder's if you are going to try the 915.

Porsche supposedly did a couple of things when it upgraded the normal 944turbo to a Turbo S. They heat treated the first several gears.

But what I find interesting and potentially useful is they also went to the effort to design a special clutch disk with a think had a double spring pack to help sooth the torque's impacts / pounding effect.

Race motor and transmission mounts might help to. I am thinking we do not want the clutch springs or mounts to potentially contribute to a slide hammer effect.

Some form of active boost control in at least first and second might help to.

Just a data point to consider. There was a guy here that was talking up his fancy turbo / 915 build with supposedly a special chrome molly main shaft, stronger gears, and other goodies that when into his 2300 lb 935 look on a built high boost CIS 930 motor. It was not much later that he broke his special 915.

Still, I hope it will work.

Would be cool if you could keep you duck tail?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)