View Single Post

Check all the fuses in front and back by the engine.

The autoheat box and the footwell blowers ~might~ use the middle fuse in back on some cars because the Carrera and SC's had a heater fan motor back there instead of footwell blowers so it was already wired into the harness before the 930's came out with the footwell blower fans.

The autoheat box turns the fans on when the servo motor pulls the cables and closes the diverter valves all the way so the hot air is diverted to the interior instead of into the wheel well.

If the autoheat servo motor that pulls the cables going to the diverter valves to close them when you want heat is working, arm connection to the cable broken or not, you can hear them when you turn on the heat. The motor runs slowly and takes about 5 seconds or so to move the arm through it's sweep.

If my autoheat box takes a dump, and the previous owner replaced it twice.. I'll just backdate it and the emergency brake handle to manual levers...
I prefer the old levers anyway.

Here's a wiring diagram for the footwell blowers that may help.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)