View Single Post

+1 what Todd said.

The stock WG is at about .8 bar. You can not use a boost controller to go any lower than the base setting of the WG.

Also, your turbo might be one of the more new school small turbine, large compressor wheel style and they are a bit more prone to over-boosting. If your WG is .8 bar and you are getting .9 bar because of over boost that is not a big deal.

I have to ask, how do you like your turbo?

Also, what muffler/headers and where dose it first boost and hit.9 bar boost?

Not sure about the gas.

I assume it is cool most of the time there. If you have a bigger intercooler that would be a plus. Also, most 930's run 1 bar with out issue which is like running 11/0 CR. If you can keep it to .8 bar that is like running 10.2 compression. I would work toward keeping boost at .8 bar. Maybe a .6 bar Tial WG and a good programmable EBC. Set the AFR's a little fat and confirm they are good on boost.

I am more interested in what your timing is on boost. Euro distributors do not seem to have boost retard. US distributors when set at -26 they retard to about -18 on boost. If you are setting your euro dist to a US spec of -26 (instead of euro -29) you are probably holding -26 on boost.

If you really want to be sure, see if there is a good dyno tuner up there that has a knock sensor so he can listen to your motor on a dyno.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)