View Single Post

Garage
I did the same search that you are doing several months ago. The Innovate was mind boggling as to how many and what boxes I would need. For my needs, I was going to be in the $700 + range. Others had nice digital display, but no or difficult data logging.

I asked on this list for the options and I could not find a clear winner.

The best value and one of the most accurate is the Daytona Sensors Wego IV. It is now sold by Pelican Parts. I am the one that introduced them to the Wego IV and have an interest in the distribution, so I am biased. However I have no doubt that you will become biased and convinced after doing the research on this unit.

Summary is that for a little more than $400 USD, but get the complete set up. Wide band Bosch sensor, weld-in bung, connectors, harness, display and data logging unit, and all software. The beauty of the WEgo IV is that in the Porsche application there are no hassles getting an RPM signal like the Innovate. You just hook up a wire to the tach. The unit also comes with a USB cable that you plug into the face of the instrument to download 2 or more hours of data. You can look at AFR and RPM in a graph or on a spread sheet.

The Wego IV is very accurate and it is easily calibrated to make up for Sensor aging.

Daytona Sensors LLC - Engine Controls and Instrumentation Systems for Automotive and Motorcycle Applications for lots of technical info.

I have been using one on my MFI 2.7 1973 and it has really worked well. I have it permanently installed and it records AFR any time I am driving.

My MFI is really set up well now that I always know what is going on.
90 Chevy PU Prerunner....1995
RGruppe #79

Last edited by dicklague; 05-23-2010 at 07:33 AM..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)