View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
interesting.

Are you talking 'anti lag' retard with a lot of extra fuel or just a locked mechanical advance retard?
911st.......

From my experience a few years ago I had a 930 that would boost to 1.1 under load and would spike to 1.3 with a readable boost gauge , between shift. Opon inspection, with the distributer turned to full advance as far as could be advanced on the slide, it was only around 20 BTDC @ 4000 RPM. The factory manual says 27degrees BTDC for US and 29 BTDC for Euro @ 4000RPM. I pulled the distributer and turned it back a tooth to get the sliding mechanism in the center of the travel. Set it to factory setting @ 4000 and the boost settled to 1.0 bar under load and no more spiking, which upon inspection was the waste gate spring specification.

JEOS...........My recommendations would be the same as most others. If timing is set correctly to factory spec and boost is still being measured accurately above 1 bar (with a 1 bar spring the boost should be 1 bar ) so something is wrong elsewhere. Even @ 1 bar you should at least have a larger intercooler, more fuel enrichment and 110 octane fuel with low outside temps to stay on the gas pedal but for short runs, otherwise you will indeed be in touch with a motor builder soon.

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-25-2010 at 09:29 AM..
Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)