View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
It's a brand specific IC core. I scraped these links from my notes and I need to find my full resources…it was hard to find specs, but once I did, I was shocked. It is the most efficient core available today and well designed, you can get less than .5 psi pressure drop across the IC. What is really trick is that with cars w/ AC, they work really well to with refrigerated coolant. Something I looked at but decided not to mess with.

Here’s some stuff from a company that uses the cores – their stuff looks like ass, but you get the gist:
Laminar Flow Intercooler Theory
Laminova Intercooler Tech
Laminar Flow Intercooler

This guy’s Photobucket is the mother-lode for reverse engineering designs from photos.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

These guys make a very trick IC which uses similar principles to my design:
NSX > ENPP > ScienceofSpeed Laminova Intercooler for ScienceofSpeed/CT Engineering Superchargers

From the Laminova site:
INTERACTIVE INTERFACE TOOL

This is where it all started for me:
2F-ETI Home brew air to water Laminova intercooler

More great home brew:
1hdt laminova intercooler
Supercharged with Laminova A2W Intercooler - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Water to air intercooler - Miller Welding Discussion Forums
So Kenik, are these Laminova circular intercooler units basically 'stackable'? What is the equivalency of say one of these units to a conventional A/A IC? How did you determine how many you needed for your application (which i assume is that small displacement turbo you are currently building?)

This guy looks like he 'stacked' four in a square formation... would two suffice?

Must admit, pretty neat technology in a compact package.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 05-26-2010, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #107 (permalink)