View Single Post

I don't like seeing oil temps go over 220... not on any car or motorcycle I've owned but maybe thats just me.
Between 180-210 is perfect.

I'm also biased about safe oil temperatures in a 930 because I have the long B&B center mount oil cooler in a DP 935 air damn/spoiler on my car.
It was on the car when I bought it and the oil temp never goes over the first white hash mark around 8 o clock on the gauge unless I am stuck in non moving bumper to bumper traffic or parked with it idleing for a long time. If that happens onece I start moving the oil temperature comes back down.

and, different year oil temp gauges may be calibrated a little differently but i don't know..

I think 9 o clock on the gauge is around 240-250 degrees and in my opinion oil is starting to break down and lubrication properties are being compromised at oil temps that high. I have heard that more than once.

Most of the time the needle is a hair below that first hash mark around 8 o clock on my car even in the summer in Florida, and I like it that way.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)