View Single Post

The control pressure information for specific years is listed in your shop manual (presuming you have one yet). Off the top of my head, the only thing I see amiss might be the system pressure being a bit high at 7.15 bar. That puts you at about 102 psi, and if I recall you should be less than that....like around 97 psi or 6.8 bar. That could cause you to run a bit lean, but I wouldn't think it would cause your extreme poor running conditions.

How do your plugs look? Are they all burning evenly and the correct color, or perhaps one cylinder is starved (plugged injector). Perhaps by running the tank dry, you sucked up some goo (such as high water content goo sitting in the bottom of the tank from running gas/ethanol blends). Try running a bottle of injector cleaner and see if she clears up.

Finally, though it may not be connected to your empty tank issue, your symptoms also sound like a vacuum or pressure leak. Check to see that your turbo in and out connections, and those on the intercooler are secure. If your plugs are black and sooty, then it could very well just be an air leak (remember, with turbo boosted CIS any air leak prior to the throttle body will cause rich running conditions).

Two fuel filters???? Mine has but one that I'm aware of, sitting in the left front engine bay next to the accumulator. Guess I better be looking for that other one you mentioned.

And oh....congrats on your "new" car! Assistance will be slow to come without some pictures that we can all drool over. It's a rite of passage.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)