View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
Back to the 1.0 bar by 2600 rpm on a CIS car with 400HP at the wheels.......
This is a graph with my 930 when it was running a small Garret ball-bearing turbo, it is showing flywheel HP so maybe 350HP at the wheels. My engine at the time had 964 cams, ported and flowed heads, headers, tapered injector blocks to match the ports blah blah.... I'm not sure what model Garret turbo it was, maybe a GT30r, it spooled REALLY quick. ...
Johnathan.

A stock C2 makes .8 bar by 3100rpm with stock exhaust and a K27-7200.

Stock cams are going to help boost response. C2 cams have about 1 point lower effective compression ratio because of there later closing of the intake valve.

Were you running a boost enrichment delay. If so that keeps the control pressure higher longer and slows boost response to.

Then the is what gear the car was started in and how early in the rpm range the test started.

Then there is timing, AFR's and other small things.

Not saying something can or can not be done or is probable or not, but with the right set up it should be possible to hit boost at a very early point. That dose not mean it will carry in the upper range.

I talked to one builder that with a very small hot side on a custom KKK made boost at idle on a C2 turbo with EFI.

The best.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)