Thread: 930 mods
View Single Post

The exhaust manfolds from the 89-94 C2&4 911 also known as a 964 dose have an improved cross over section which seems to be the bigger issue with the stock euro/late US 930 headers so there might be some improvement potental.

However, you would have to come up with a custom J pipe.

This to would open up an opertunity to improve another weakness with the 930 system which is the to small tube between the where the two banks are merged to the intersection for the WG. This is mostly what restricts the peak HP potental of the 930 system as that section is not large enought to fully supply both the turbo and WG size tubes.

Having said all that I dought it would be worth the effort.

It is a different story for the 993 headers as Brain pictued above. I belive RUF found that wth there turbo conversion of 964 and 993's that the 993 headers made more power for what was mostly the same conversion. Other's that have gone from the 930 to a custom 993 header set have also reported faster spool times.

I like the 993 conversion and think it is the best turbo option to date for someone that wants near factory reliability on a system with heat.

I mostly would say it is not worth the effort. However you never really know.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)