View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
......................snipped..................... .

What I need to know is if removing the shroud is acceptable to the masses, or is a 100% bolt-on that keeps the factory shroud more appealing?

On another note I recieved my temperature measuring/testing equipment yesterday and am stoked to try it out! I'm gonna put all 4 intercoolers I have to the test!
That is a good question. If I were to do it all over again, I guessed I would have dumped the AC condenser in the wing, fitted a full bay w/shrouding. Of course, I live in the Northern Climes and that may not be an option in the South.
I just don't know if shrouding in a half bay will be that effective since it would appear the fan is going to pull in air from an area of least resistance and that would be through the AC condenser. All I know is when I open the lid immediately from a drive, that Kokeln IC is HOT!!!.

P.S. Thanks for going the extra yards in testing those 4 IC's. Nice to know a product is researched like yours before delivery is made to us consumers! Good luck!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 05-29-2010, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)